SSC Favicon

Complaints Procedure

Providing our clients with the best possible services is one of our key commitments. However sometimes things can go wrong and it’s important to resolve any complaints as effectively as possible.


This procedure details how any complaints about SSC Energy, or the energy supplier that SSC Energy has recommended, will be handled:

Any complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days.
We will investigate the complaint and provide an initial response within 10 working days.
If your complaint is about an energy supplier, we will notify the supplier in writing (email) within 3 working days and will also advise you that this has been done.
You will be re-contacted no later than 10 working days after the complaint was received, either with a resolution to the complaint or an update on where we are in the resolution process.
If the complaint has not been resolved within 10 working days, we will give updates to you every 10 working days until resolution, or at such intervals as may be agreed with you.
To resolve the complaint we may:
Explain our findings to you, including reasons for what has occurred;
Take appropriate action to put things right;
Explain any proposed next steps If the complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction then this will be passed to the relevant Head of Department who will contact you directly to seek resolution.
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, it will be passed to a Director to take appropriate action and advise you accordingly.
If the complaint is still not resolved following the steps above, you will be directed to the appropriate dispute resolution body*.
*This body by Ofgem as part of the TPI Code of Practice implementation.
If we’ve come to no resolution on your complaint after 8 weeks, or if we have issued you with a ‘deadlock’ letter, you can contact the Energy Ombudsman who will carry out a free, independent investigation on your behalf. 

As part of resolving your complaint the Ombudsman may ask us to make an apology or give an explanation.

They can also ask us to take remedial action and may require us to award compensation.

Any decision the Ombudsman makes will be binding on our company, but not on you, so you can seek further advice if you wish to.


Post – Ombudsman Services: Energy, P.O. Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF
Phone – 0330 440 1624


Citizens Advice

For free, impartial advice on your situation you can contact Citizens Advice consumer service at any stage in the complaints process on 03454 04 05 06 or
You can also get impartial information from your local Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
Visit Know your rights or fill out their online form for any consumer energy query.

How to contact us

There are a number of ways you can contact us if you have a query or question about your account.
Phone – 0121 270 1917
Email –
Website –
Post – 4 Ridley Street, Birmingham, B1 1SA
SSC Favicon

Support Team

We work hard to ensure all of our staff are well-trained and highly knowledgeable across all areas of the business, but unfortunately things do sometimes go wrong